Our applications, both for contents and for promos and competitions, are specifically designed to be able to be utilised in mobile devices (smartphones and tablets).
Therefore, this article aims to provide information about the following points:
- Some aspects you need to consider if you want your promotion to work properly on these mobile devices.
- The participation process in a Facebook contest via a mobile phone or tablet, that is, how your contest is going to look like when your fans take part in Cool Tabs promos using their mobile phones.
IMPORTANT THINGS TO CONSIDER
The only thing you need to do to enable users to acces your promotion from their mobile phone is to offer and share the correct contest URL. We’ll tell you why below:
If you access the contest from a browser, you’ll get an URL like this one: https://www.facebook.com/cooltabs/app_256593927709045
But, this URL doesn’t work in mobile devices. We wish it did but, unfortunately, Facebook content tabs aren’t displayed in the same way on mobile phones Instead, you are redirected to the fanpage wall, not allowing you to view the tab.
Does this mean that there’s nothing we can do about it? Not at all! There is a simple solution: you just need to share the URL address that we provide on the control panel when you create the promotion: http://www.cool-tabs.com/pub/18188
In this way, if you access this address from your PC, you’ll be directed to the contest, and if you do it from your mobile phone, the same promo will be shown, in a format that is fully supported by mobile devices
HOW DOES THE PROMO WORK ON A MOBILE PHONE?
We now move on to explain the participation process of a promotion when using a mobile device. Let’s say that user Íñigo de Montoya, for example, participates in a Facebook contest which has been created using a Cool Tabs application, and he invites his friend Dread Pirate Roberts, who decides to participate from his mobile phone.
1. Íñigo accesses the contest from his computer. A user, Íñigo, accesses your fan page, shares information about the promotion on his wall, and invites another user to take part in it, P. Roberts
2. How are the publication on the wall and the invitation going to look like on P.Roberts’ PC?
3. P. Roberts click on the wall publication or accesses the invitation and is directly taken to the mobile-device optimised version
4. P. Roberts decides to take part in the promotion and a Facebook request for permission dialog box is displayed on his device
5. If you have set up your application in such a way that a publication is made on the user’s wall right after participating, an extra Facebook request for permission dialog box will appear
6. P. Roberts accesses the contest form
7. He decides to upload a picture. Then, a new dialog box appears on the mobile’s screen for him to select the picture he wishes to upload as his contribution to the contests (he can take a picture, choose from library, dropbox, etc.)
8. From Cool Tabs we start to upload the photo to our servers, where André the Giant resizes the picture to adapt it to your promotion. Once this process is complete, the user will be asked to enter his/her details to contact him/her in case s/he wins.
9. We show P. Robert his contribution. And that’s it, we got the picture!
10. Lastly, P. Robert can also share the promotion on his wall and invite his friends to join. And everything can be done directly from his phone.