Instagram Sweepstakes and Twitter Sweepstakes are our applications for making prize draws among the followers of one or more profiles, for users that like one or more photos/videos from one or more Instagram’s profiles or one or more Instagram sponsored posts. You can also launch a sweepstake among your followers or for users that retweet one or more of your tweets on Twitter.
The idea is to energise your community, directly rewarding your audience for following and/or interacting with your Twitter or Instagram account. You’ll also get a report with all of the information about these users.
Instagram Sweepstakes and Twitter Sweepstakes advantages
- A draw or sweepstake to encourage loyalty and increase your engagement: The competitions usually involve users investing a few minutes of their time to take a photo, record a video, answer a few questions, etc. Normally, in such cases, the prize is enticing or participants benefit from the visibility that the competition gives them. We can also look for new leads. These prize draws or sweepstakes, however, have another aim, which is to reward the users’ loyalty, either for having followed a specific Twitter or Instagram user, or for interacting with a like or comment (on Instagram) or a retweet (on Twitter).
- Attract more new fans or followers: By launching a prize draw and advertising it before hand, word will spread and new users will begin to follow your account and interact with your brand. Therefore, you will increase your number of followers.
- Increase social traffic to your Twitter or Instagram profile: Make the most of it! It is the best moment to interact with your users, following them back (when appropiate), thanking them for sharing, etc. You should, consequentally, make good use of your sweepstake’s add and focus all your attention and dedication on your Twitter or Instagram.
- Select the winner(s): The application randomly selects the winner(s) for you. You just need to choose how many there will be for your prize draw. Furthermore, the application gives you a certificate of validation which proves that the draw was 100% random and carried out “on our servers following the instructions provided and configured by the promotion’s administrator as established in the terms and conditions of the competition “.
- Get a report with all of your followers’ details: Get all of the details about your followers and analyse them by downloading the report that we provide with all the paid versions of these two applications.
- Draws on Twitter, both when for followers and for retweets, can only be made on public profiles. Your brand’s Twitter profile will typically be public, but we mention this in case you are one of the rare cases that we come across where it is not.
- Twitter Sweepstakes is priced differently depending on the version you’re using: free or paid version.
- Free version: Up to 100 participants.
- Paid version: No limits!
- Download a report with all of the data of the users that entered the prize draw (for followers or for users that retweeted). The last option is available only for the paid version ofTwitter Sweepstakes. The following user information is shown in the report: Username, name, number of followers, following number, number of tweets, profile description, location and personalised URL.
- Specific limits for retweets draws with Twitter Sweepstakes:
- The tweet(s) from which the retweets sweepstake is made cannot be over 7 days old. The application does not include it if it is older.
- This kind of sweepstakes on Twitter usually include as a condition that the participants must follow one or more Twitter profiles. This condition is only available from our Gold One Plan.
- A maximum of 20,000 retweets will be included.
- The Twitter Search API is based on publication relevance, not on all publications. This means that some tweets or users will not appear in the final results. At Cool Tabs, we have found that normally more than 85% of retweets are included.
- Draws on Instagram, both when for followers, comments or for likes, can only be made on public profiles. Your brand’s Instagram profile will typically be public, but we mention this because there are lots of private profiles on Instagram and you should be aware of this parameter.
- If you launch a draw among likes/comments, you must create it with Instagram Sweepstakes right adter publishing the post on Instagram, so all the data are collected properly.
- You can ask the users who comment or like a post also to mention X friends, include a certain hashtag and/or to follow one or more Instagram profiles. The last option is only available from our Gold One Plan. Also available from this plan is the option to make the draw among users who like or comment one or more posts that belong to different Instagram profiles.
- Instagram Sweepstakes is priced differently depending on the version you’re using: free or paid version.
- Free version: Up to 100 participants.
- Paid version: No limits!
- Download a report with all of the data of the users that entered the prize draw (for followers or for users that liked or commented): This option is available only for the paid version of Instagram Sweepstakes. The following user information is shown in the report: Username, bio, website, profile photo, full name, number of publications, number of followers, following number and user ID. And if you want to get a report with all your followers’ data, take a look at the options of our Social Media Analytics tool for Instagram.
- Sweepstakes for sponsored posts are only available for users that comment on the post. You can launch this kind of draw from our Gold One Plan.
Tips for your Twitter Sweepstakes and Instagram Sweepstakes
- Draws for both Twitter and Instagram should not be done over lots of days because they lose steam. The idea is to make an impact on your audience and launch a draw over 1-5 days, or a week at most if there is a good prize or if you already have lots of followers and there will be a good level of dissemination throughout the entire of the duration chosen.
- Use a hashtag for the draw, whatever type it is: Besides it being recommendable to be able to monitor your draw more closely, it is a way for your audience to identify tweets. In addition, if it is a retweets or followers campaign on Twitter , the hashtag may become relevant and generate conversation and even, maybe, become a trending topic! For choosing as well as for following your hashtag, we recommend you to use our Instagram search engine.
- Find out what is the best time to launch the draw: On Instagram, for example, the best time is usually in the middle of the day or after dinner, while for Twitter there is more variety and you will certainly have to publish various tweets at different times to disseminate the draw as much as possible.
- Look after your Twitter/Instagram profile more than ever: From the design or profile information (profile picture, cover photo, bio, …) to communication with users, which must be as smooth as possible. Don’t leave it for too long before answering them, thanking them for sharing the draw, etc.