We can’t help using exclamation marks! This is one of the greatest news we’ve brought this year: We launch a new application and, on top of that, it’s for Instagram. You’ve probably seen other kinds of promos in Instagram, but InstaPromo is one of the few applications respecting participant’s data protection rights, since any users willing to participate must accept the contest’s legal terms when filling in the participation form. This means that you can then have access to participants’ details, such us their names and email addresses.
We are now going to explain, step by step, what is new about this application, so you know what you’re up against. We are sure you are all going to queue up for an InstaPromo straight away!
In addition to having been awarded many “best apprication” prizes, in September 2012, Mark Zuckerberg announced that his social network had reached more than 100 million registered users. We are obviously part of these 100 million, as we love Instagram through and through. We are that fan that we’ve come up with this interesting idea of creating contests in which people can participate using their Instagram pictures.
Ladies and gentlemen, the truth is that there are amazing photos in Instagram. Is that thanks to the filters? Or the photographer? We are not going to get involved in this discussion. We only feel it’s important to encourage Instagram addicts around the world to carry on updating their profiles. Do you want to get your brand involved in this?
What has InstaPromo got to offer?
InstaPromo features two different contest types:
- Standard photos contest, where you can contribute a photo you have previously published in Instagram.
- Photo contests for images published with a hashtag, where users need to take a picture related to the contest theme and add a hashtag to it. This option drives users to participate and has the additional advantage that, when clicking on the hashtag you’ve chosen for the contest, users will be able to see other users’ contributions, allowing for more virality in this social network.
With this application, you can decide whether or not to create your promotion on Facebook. What does being in or out of Facebook imply?
- InstaPromo in Facebook: It works as any of our previous applications. The promotion is published on a Facebook tab and you get the usual “share with your friends”, “post on your wall”, and “like”; and any other action linked to THE Social Network. In addition to publishing it on the tab, you can post it on your website, blog, etc., thanks to our multi-channel service at no additional cost. The advantage of this option: It’s easier to achieve a bigger impact through Facebook.
- InstaPromo out of Facebook: We provide the details of the url where the promo will be published so that you can share it on your website, blog, etc. IThis option also includes sharing via Twitter or Facebook, but it won’t feature the default actions enabled by this social network. The difference or advantage over the previous option is that the promotion won’t be limited to Facebook users.
Do you want to see what it would be like? Here is the example we’ve created: Instagram Photo Contest. We hope your InstaPromo is very successful.
* InstaPromo uses the Instagram™ API and is not endorsed or certified by Instagram or Instagram, Inc. All Instagram™ logos and trademarks displayed on this website are property of Instagram, Inc.