Our statistics and reporting service for your social networks, that was created to analyse Facebook pages, is expanding its reach to include Instagram. From now on, if you have a plan with Cool Tabs you can use the service to check your Instagram statistics, engagement and our optimisation tips. You can also check the details about your competitors in order to compare the results.
With Page Performance for Instagram, you can download two types of reports: One with all of the analysed data from the Instagram profile as explained below and the other with data regarding your followers. In addition,Page Performance for Instagram lets you generate specific reports with start date and end date.
Instagram statistics and reports
We will take a look at which sections, data and charts you can get with regards to an Instagram profile.
1. General Profile Statistics
In this first section we will look the general account details:
- A followers history, which will start on the day that you begin monitoring that profile through Page Performance.
- We also check the “Top potential contributors” of that Instagram account. That is to say, the 10 followers with the largest number of followers.
- The percentage of followers of that account with a public profile and the percentage whose profile is private.
- Most used Hashtagsby that profile.
- Most used words in posts.
- Most used filters in posts.
We will compare this first section for the Instagram profiles of Trivago and Tripadvisor.
Two of the “Top potential contributors” for Tripadvisor and Trivago are the same. For Tripadvisor, which has more than 188,000 followers compared to Trivago’s 8,000, these 10 followers have a greater number of followers, but there is not a big difference in the ranking between both profiles.
Furthermore, 48% of followers of Trivago’s Instagram have private profiles, while for Tripadvisor is only 3%, which is a more normal percentage.
Curiously, both use personalised hashtags very often, however, the most word used by Tripadvisor is Tripadvisor, while the most commonly used word by Trivago is PhotoCredit.
Finally, Trivago use lots of Instagram filters, while Tripadvisor do not usually use filters.
In this section we will see everything related to audience interaction and engagement for the Instagram profile that you are monitoring:
- A ranking of the 5 posts with the most engagement for the date range being analysed. The engagement is a measure of the interaction that the posts have received. That is to say, the number of likes and comments that they have.
- Likes, comments and posts per day so that you can see the difference of interaction between different days.
- Average daily engagement according to the interaction that there has been with photos and/or videos uploaded to the Instagram
- Daily engagement percentage according to the number of likes and comments.
- Hashtags with the most engagement. That is to say, those used in posts with the most interaction.
- Filters with the most engagement. That is to say, those that have been used in certain posts and have received the most likes and comments.
We will compare the engagement of the Instagram profiles @paugasol and @rafaelnadal.
Although both athletes have a similar number of followers (697,467 for Pau Gasol and 606,361 for Rafa Nadal), the engagement in the last month has been very different due to Pau Gasol’s involvement in Eurobasket 2015. In the ranking of posts with the most engagement, the number of likes was similar, but Pau Gasol published a photograph that received 2,658 comments.
The number of likes, comments and engagement per day are also very different. Pau Gasol made 19 posts related to the tournament, while Rafa Nadal only made 6 posts. However, when looking at the chart for daily engagement percentage, we can see that Rafa Nadal has an average of 9% compared to 5.3% for Pau Gasol.
In the chart of hashtags with the most engagement, we can see that Pau Gasol’s profile is more varied, while Rafael Nadal’s has only used four hashtags in the selected date range.
The filter with the most engagement for Pau Gasol is normal or unfiltered, while for Nadal, the filter with most interaction with his followers is Juno.
We will now check which posts work best in terms of interaction through the following data and charts:
- Likesand comments by day of the week: We analyse each day of the week, showing the likes and comments by day.
- Likesand comments by hour of the day: Again we look at the likes and comments, depending on the time at which the post was made.
- Posts details: Likes, comments and engagement for each of the photos or videos with the hashtags used and the date of publication.
We will compare the posts section for the Instagram profiles of Cocacola and Pepsi.
In the past month, that is, in the date range being analysed for the Instagram profiles of these brands, Cocacola has not posted any photo or video on Sundays and Pepsi has not posted anything on Saturdays. Another detail is that Cocacola has many more likes than Pepsi (it also has almost four times more followers), but far fewer comments.
The times of the posts are also a little different. Cocacola posted between 17:00 and 20:00, and 00:00 and 01:00, while Pepsi posted between 16:00 and 18:00, and 20:00 and 22:00.
Analysis of the best time and day to publish according to the engagement and interaction received:
- Best day to post: We analyse the likes, comments and engagement by day of the week to find out which the best and worst days for the Instagram profile are.
- Best time to post: We also produce a chart with likes, comments and engagement depending on time of day that a photo or video was posted.
- Heat map: Finally, you can see a heat map with the times and days that work for best and worst for the Instagram profile that you are monitoring.
We will compare the optimisation section for the Instagram profiles of Cocacola and Pepsi.
The best day and time to publish for Cocacola is Tuesday between 00:00 and 01:00, while for Pepsi it is Monday between 20:00 and 21:00. Pepsi also has several optimal moments for posting according to the heat map (number 5), while for Cocacola there is just one: Friday between 20:00 and 22:00, according to the likes and comments received.