Since the origins of promotions and competitions with Cool Tabs, it has been possible to create video competitions by adding the URL of a video that had been previously uploaded to YouTube or Vimeo. Instagram competitions were added later and now we also give you the option of creating a video competition using Vine or a combination of the different social networks dedicated to audiovisual content.
Why did we decide to implement new options for video competitions?
Essentially, because of the impact that videos have and the interest that they generate, as shown by the following statistics:
- The social network on which most of our users launch promotions and competitions is Facebook and on this platform there are one billion video views every day.
- In recognition of the importance of audiovisual content, Facebook has launched autoplay for videos, which gets users’ attention even without sound.
- Vine celebrated its second anniversary in January and it already has 40 million users and since April 2014 it has confirmed that 347,186,768,222 loops have been viewed.
Advantages of adding Vine to video competitions
- It increases the chances of another entry, as there will be users who do not have accounts on other social networks with videos, but that do have a Vine account and they may use it to take part. Barriers to entering the competition are reduced.
- It allows you to create loops competitions since Vine videos are a different type of audiovisual content for which participants may be required to produce recordings more easily and quickly.
- It attracts new users that are active on Vine and may be different to those who are attracted to other types of campaigns.